By: Mary-Ellen Davis, Senior Staff Writer
With the 2019 spooky season about to come to an end, it’s time to throw on your best creepy tunes before packing up the spiderwebs and sending your resident ghost back to where it came from.
With so many Halloween bangers to choose from, it makes sense if you’re having trouble picking the best line-up. Luckily for you, I’m going to let you take a peek at the list of some of my favorite tunes.
- “This is Halloween” – The Citizens of Halloween. If this song is familiar to you, that’s probably because you’ve at least heard of Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” The song is featured in this ultimate Halloween/Christmas movie, and is a great opener to any halloween playlist.
- “Thriller” – Michael Jackson. This song is a classic. It belongs on every Halloween playlist. Not to mention it comes with some pretty sweet dance moves. Extra points go to anyone at the party who can do all of the choreography.
- “Ghostbusters“ – Ray Parker Jr. If you aren’t calling the Ghostbusters on Halloween, is it really Halloween? Everyone will be able to sing along. Just make sure they don’t make any ghosts explode.
- “Monster Mash” – Bobby Pickett. This is another classic song. It’ll take you back to that elementary school Halloween parade, and gets anyone hyped up.
- “A Nightmare on my Street” – DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Does anyone else remember when Will Smith was a musician? This Halloween song by him and DJ Jazzy Jeff is a fun little tune that will get people laughing. It’s similarities to Nightmare on Elm Street will have you excited to get spooked all evening.
- “Time Warp” – Rocky Horror Picture Show. Last but not least, a little bit of Rocky Horror. Halloween isn’t complete without a jump to the left, and then a step to the right. After listening to this one, you’ll want to go up to the lab to see what’s cooking, and hopefully it’s some sweet treats.