By: Taylor Seidel, Columnist
Baltimore is a city full of culture, history and some fantastic food. Like any big city, restaurants differ exponentially in cuisine as well as pricing. I’m going to share with you all some of my favorite fine dining restaurants in Baltimore. I tried as hard as I could to stay away from the big name chains and focus on some of the delicious upscale eateries in Baltimore. Please note that these restaurants are in no particular order and I apologize if any of your favorites aren’t included. I hope you all enjoy.
- Woodberry Kitchen – Restaurateur Spike Gjerde’s flagship restaurant, Woodberry Kitchen specializes in farm to table. The restaurant was created from an old factory to match the refined vibe of the food.
- Tio Pepe – Upscale Spanish cuisine from the “Old Country” is exactly what you receive when you dine here. You must try the sangria, paella and of course the pine nut cake, they’re a few of the specialties and my favorites.
- Ouzo Bay – Located in Harbor East, this upscale Greek restaurant is a Baltimore staple of mine. You absolutely have to try the fresh fish or lamb.
- The Food Market – Part of the up and coming Hampden neighborhood, The Food Market fits the scene with very creative menu and cocktail choices. An open kitchen allows you to watch Executive Chef Chad Gauss at work.
- Wit & Wisdom – Chef Michael Mina’s American restaurant located in the Four Seasons Hotel offers beautiful and chic menu items. With new Executive Chef Zack Mills at the helm, this Zagat rated restaurant is a must try.
- Fleet Street Kitchen – This is a favorite restaurant of mine specializing in American cuisine. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are matched perfectly with Executive Chef Michael Correll’s imaginative dishes.
- Charleston – An absolutely beautiful restaurant from executive chef and co-owner Cindy Wolf. Fantastic service and food are always guaranteed here.
- The Prime Rib – One of Baltimore’s most iconic steakhouses. Incredible cuts of meats featured on the menu. You must try the prime rib if you choose to go here.
Edited by Jared Kurlander